Thursday, October 2, 2008

Praises from a Songbird

Calleigh is my little songbird.  She constantly sings.  Her playtime is surrounded in song - sometimes a wonderfully creative made-up tune of her own and sometimes a song from church or God Rocks.  She even sings her conversations and prayers.  I guess she gets that last one from me.  I am always singing around the house and I firmly believe that simple conversation sounds so much more fun when it is said in song.  Regardless, she is my songbird and tonight she wanted to sing a song for me.  I couldn't resist pulling out the video camera simply for her outfit (notice the little pink tutu) and for the performance.  Little did I know what song she would choose.  Sweet, simple, praises.  Words of truth.  Words that are frequently sung by children yet are often lost in the fullness of their meaning by adulthood.  Thank you, Calleigh, for singing a song for me.  Thank you, God, for your sweet reminders through the innocence of a child.  

3 comments:

Kim and JD said...

Great Job Calleigh !

Wendy Wilshire said...

What a beautiful songbird! Please give her a hug for me.

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Wonderful job Calleigh!

Calleigh may take after you Andi but you take after me. I am always singing conversations. Ask Katie and Kimmie or Shelby and Kirby. The kids would say 'Memi you are funny. You sing everything'. It makes the day brighter. So keep up the singing Calleigh Belle. God loves you and Memi loves you too.

Hugs and Kisses!