Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Today was a glorious day at the beach.  It was an abundantly sunny, 80 degree day in Malibu.  The beach was not crowded.  The waves were mild.  The sea weed was minimal.  It was a great way to spend our day off from school relaxing with Celeste and Colin.  In the midst of playing in the sand and surf, several humorous things were said by the kids.  I want to pass along these sayings in hopes that you will smile as much as Celeste and I smiled.

Andi - You went out a little too far in the waves last time.  Please don't go out so far this time.
Carson - I go farther than that with Asher!  I've been to the next layer of the ocean!

Colin - I hear the Ice Cream Truck!  Da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da (to the tune of Pop Goes the Weasel)

Calleigh - Mom!  There's a sand crab in the bucket!  Wanna come see how whooje (huge in Calleigh-ese) it is?

Calleigh - Mom!  Colin shared his N and N's with me.  (that would be M&M's, my love)

Carson - I know a good joke if we were on a pirate ship.
Andi - Okay.  What is it?
Carson - If someone asks how things are on the ship, we'd say "ship shape!"  Isn't that funny?!
Andi - Yeah.  That would be a great joke.  IF you are on a pirate ship.

Colin - I know how to speak Spanish.  K comprendo!

2 comments:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

My spanish is as good as Colins. Sounds like you guys had a great day. Kari had her first visit to the beach yesterday. Haven't talked with them yet to see how it went. Love ya!

The Craftypigs said...

Still laughing out loud and I was there for the originals. They absolutely crack me up!