Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Do You Know. . .

For those of you with little princesses around the house, you probably think I am about to break out into Giselle's song "How Do You Know" from the movie Enchanted.  Although it is one of Calleigh's and my favorite songs to sing around the house, I will spare you the dramatic entertainment.

Instead, I want to share how you know when the seasons change in Southern California.  The weather here for the most part is a consistent 70-80 degrees.  The sun always shines.  The leaves stay green and on the trees.  You can swim in your pool year round or go to the beach (granted, wearing layers due to the breeze off the ocean).  So it is hard to tell the difference between Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.  However, I have noticed one very tell-tell sign that the seasons are changing.  Inflatables.  So far I have witnessed inflatables of every imaginable size.  They rest in the yards of well-manicured homes.  The sit on top of high rise office buildings.  Seriously.  The take up every inch of yard space in the homes of some overly zealous season fanatics.  Inflatables are everywhere.  Right now we have pumpkin inflatables.  I hear that I will also witness giant turkey inflatables, gingerbread houses, Santa with palm trees, etc.  I am really looking forward to the changing 
of seasons.  For now, I'll leave you with this picture.  I'll be sure to post more pictures later as I encounter more seasons and more inflatables.


If you really want to hear the song How Do You Know from the movie Enchanted, you can click Enchanted and prepare to be enchanted.



5 comments:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

We have one of you, SoCal people, living in our neighborhood. Positioned so when I look out of our large front kitchen windows they are in full view. Four monster inflatables. A skelton on a motorcycle? Walk through the stomach of a something? Please! I can hardly wait to see what the next holiday brings.

Love ya

Mom

The Craftypigs said...

Just you wait until the "Crazy Christmas House" is up and going....you won't believe it!

Kim and JD said...

I find that interesting.... I didnt think SoCal knew what WT was!!! Maybe you have Clark Griswald living in the area.

Brad and Tammy said...

I am chartreuse with envy!

Jenn B said...

Actually, our four seasons are: Spring, Summer, Fall and Fire!