Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Advertising

Setting:  Downstairs watching a movie while the children sleep peacefully upstairs.  Or so I thought.

Enter Carson

Andi:  What's up buddy?

Carson:  My toe hurts.  (he scraped it outside earlier this evening)

Andi:  Well, then, let's go upstairs and doctor it.

Carson:  Let's put Neosporin on it because the commercial says "Neosporin stops the pain and heals 4 days faster than any other medicine."

Now that is good advertising.  At least he listens and remembers something.  Maybe next time he'll remember to put his dirty clothes in the laundry hamper.  But wait.  There's not a commercial for that.  Oh well.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

That is hilarious! My kids will do that with various commercials - Audrey is obsessed with Space Bags because the infomercial makes them seem like the best thing since ever! She wants to put everything we own in Space Bags and under the beds. Every time we see a McDonald's they both sing the jingle, "da da da da da, I'm lovin in." Gee - I'm thinking my kids may watch too much tv!! :o)

Jenn B said...

It's amazing isn't it?!?! Asher once told me he wished he could drink Coors Light. After I picked myself up off the floor, I asked him why. He said, because it's the world most refreshing beer! Great.

Kim and JD said...

Tyler loves Aquaglobes adn thinks I need then since I cant keep anything that is green alive! Yes they do pay attention to those commercials way more than us. I am thinking we should have commercials that advertise "CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM" " LISTEN TO YOU PARENTS" " EAT ALL YOUR DINNER"
Wishful thinking! :) Oh well

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Many years ago, like a really long time ago, my friend Pat told me this story about her little girl.

They asked Amy what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas. Her reply was "a common diarrhea doll". They had no idea what she was talking about so they asked her several more times over the next few days. Her reply was always the same, 'a common diarrhea doll'.

One night while watching TV a commercial came on. It was advertising medicine you can take for 'common diarrhea' and for some reason I don't recall, there was a doll in the commercial. Bingo, there was Amy's 'common diarrhea doll'.

So kids have been watching commercials for at least the last thirty five years.