Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Historical Moment


Deep in the heart of Hollywood, the El Capitan Theater made its debut in 1926 as Hollywood's "First Home of Spoken Drama."  In 1989, Disney took the reigns of the theater and remodeled it to its original grandeur.  Today the El Capitan is home of movie premiers and live shows.

In honor of its 50th anniversary, Disney is showing the digitally remastered Sleeping Beauty at the El Capitan.  Since Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) is Calleigh's favorite Disney princess, I wanted to make sure we took the time to venture down to Hollywood and see the movie at the one and only Disney theater.  Calleigh donned her princess gown, sparkling slippers, crown, and pink cloak.  She turned a few heads as we walked down the streets in Hollywood  :-)


Big brother, Carson, and dear friend, Colin, came along for the fun.  I am not quite sure the boys really wanted to see a "chic flick," but they did not want to miss out on something that could be fun.  Their favorite part of the movie was the dragon fighting scene at the end.  They also proceeded to cover their eyes during the true love's kiss at the end of the movie.  Go figure.



Now my little princess is a sleeping beauty upstairs in her bed.  She enjoyed the movie, getting dressed up, and seeing the real Aurora during the pre-movie show.  Her question to me was, "Mommy, how come Aurora came all the way here from Disneyland?"  My answer, "to see beautiful princesses like you watching her movie."  Good times, and good memories for my little princess.  It is once in a lifetime opportunity for my little girl.  I'm so glad we did it.

4 comments:

Kim and JD said...

I am so glad that she got to do that, what wonderful memories. You are such a thoughful and adventurous mommy, the kids are so lucky. Give my sunshine a hug for me and tell her that Aunt Kimmie thought she looked beautiful in her princess dress!

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Princess Calleigh,

Memi thought you looked absolutely beautiful in your pink gown and purple shoes. What a wonderful adventure you had.

I love you very much,

Memi

Jenn B said...

Oh how fun! I'll have to take Lizzie to that soon!

The Craftypigs said...

Me too! It was so fun. I remember seeing Sleeping Beauty in the theater as well. It must have been for it's 20th anniversary. Calleigh was beautiful!