Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Crumrine Sibs

Carson likes the Jonas Bros.  You know, that boy band comprised of three brothers from the Jonas family?  They are all the rage in the land of Disney.  His favorite is Joe Jonas.  Go ahead.  Google him.  He is the one with the long straight hair.  It is Carson's hope that his hair will not only grow long enough to have him considered a surfer dude, but that his hair will look like Joe Jonas.  Although it may seem silly that an eight year old is already looking at those in the movie/music industry and finding someone to emulate, I remember very well doing the same thing.  Only mine was Olivia Newton John in her Grease days.  At least when I was eight years old.

So now that the Disney Channel has flooded our tv with the new movie Camp Rock, Carson's affinity for the Jonas Bros. has only increased and his desire to emulate Joe Jonas has grown exponentially.  Carson listens to the soundtrack frequently (aka - All The Time!) and distorts his voice in such a way that he really believes he sounds EXACTLY like Joe Jonas.  It is cute, really.  

The kids gave us a concert, complete with microphones and six full songs from the Camp Rock soundtrack.  It was great.  Calleigh singing the girl songs.  Full of expression.  Lots of raised arms and closed eyes.  Carson sang every Joe Jonas song.  Full of emotion.  Full of expression.  Full of angst.  Lots of throwing himself against the wall with his arms outstretched.  Lots of getting down on his knees and pleading through song.  Even a few guitar licks thrown in there for fun.  Watching this concert was a pleasant distraction from the business of our day.  I love seeing the kids work together to coordinate a concert.  I love seeing them use music as a form of expression and art.  I love that music is fun for them.  Who knows.  We may have the next kid music group blooming in our very own home.  The Crumrine Sibs.  It could work.  Or maybe not.  :-)

7 comments:

Kim and JD said...

That was awesome... it is good to see them singing together and working together, instead of fighting.If you could post one of those everyday that would be greta for me. I love their watching them perform, it brought tears to my eyes because I miss them so much. I miss seeing them sing and dance in person. I miss hearing them talk, fight and even cry when they get hurt. They are growing so fast, I feel like I am missing it all. I love that Carson has an "idol" and that he isnt afraid to act it out. It is very cool that have such a love for music, I am sure they will both be very talented just like their mommy and daddy. We could have a whole band you know, Tanner on drums and Tyler on vocals or guitar. Please give them BIG hugs from us and tell them we love them to the moon and back.... Christmas cannot get here soon enough. At least I hope you are coming for Christmas. Love ya, talk to you soon

The Craftypigs said...

I'm honored that I was there the first time they watched Camp Rock. I think I like The Crumrine version better than the original.

Alisa said...

That is adorable! You've got some rock stars on your hands.

Wendy Wilshire said...

That is so cute! I can visualize them performing with such gusto. It reminds me of when I was growing up (about Carson’s age) and my twin best friends, Ashley & Lesley and I would create dances, dress up in old costumes and put on a “recital” for our parents. Good times! I hope you have a great day!

Memi and Grandaddy said...

When the money starts coming in from the concert tours and albums sold, the kids can help finance our little retirement home back behind your house with the shrubs out front to hang our underwear on. (remember Memaw?)

LOVE YOU!!!

Jenn B said...

I'll have to try and work those "wall moves" into the choreography for the Christmas program!

Anonymous said...

Whoa...

What incredible moves!!!

EXcellent!