Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Answered Prayers

Back in April, when Michael accepted the job offer from The Church at Rocky Peak, I knew we were in store for a roller coaster ride like none that I've ever experienced.  We quickly buckled ourselves up, held on tight, and prepared for the adventure.  

Fast forward to today, mid-September, and the ride is finally slowing down in some respects.  As I look back over the past few months, I've seen how God has guided us along this ride through His answered prayers.  Now, don't get me wrong.  My prayers have not always been answered in the time frame that I would have liked, or in the manner that I would prefer.  But they are answered, my faith has grown, and I've learned how to trust God in a world beyond my Texas borders.  

As of this afternoon, we are no longer the owners of 1625 Cresthill Drive in Rockwall, Texas.  Our house has finally SOLD!  This is a huge answer to prayer.  Although it took longer to sell than I hoped, I've learned one very important lesson.  This really cool house was not our home.  It was just a house.  Bricks and mortar.  What happened inside the house was our home. The laughter, the tears, and the memories created were our home.  The people inside the house - Michael and the kids - were my home.  The only difference is geography.  I still have my home.  I still have the memories made in Texas.  I still have laughter and tears.  I still make memories, just in a different house which happens to be in a different state.  I still have my incredible husband and wonderful kids.  I still have my home.  Wherever God takes us on this roller coaster or the next, one thing will not change.  Home.  And that is an answer to prayer.


6 comments:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

You got it right 'Andi Pandie'. Sometimes we get so caught up in the walls around us that we forget what really makes up our home. As I told you this afternoon, when you come in for Christmas, YEA, and drive by your old house, Calleigh will probably ask you 'where are we going to live when we MOVE BACK to TEXAS'? I guess you can always move across the street form Memi. I KNOW THAT IS WHAT MICHAEL WOULD LOVE TO DO!!! Guess I can throw away my key now. WAH! Love you dear one.

Mom

Kim and JD said...

We are happy for you yet sad at the same time. I do agree on the house/home part of it. I read something recently that said " A happy home is more than a roof over your head - it's a foundation under your feet"
Love you girl.... :-)

Wendy Wilshire said...

Congratulations! It's been a long road but now it's nice that burden is lifted. It is a little sad to be saying good-bye to the old house, but as you say, you'll be making lots of wonderful memories in your California "house". Have a great day!

Wendy

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Kim,

If you come back and read Andi's comments I just want you to know I love yours. A foundation under our feet. I had never thought of a home like that before. Keep reading girl.

Memi/Carol

The Craftypigs said...

That little lesson is a very important one. It's just geography. I used to tell JD, we could live in Pango Pango and it wouldn't matter as long as we're together. Thank God, he's not moved us there...if that's really a place....which I think it is....just don't know where. Welcome Home!

Moore Memories said...

I am crying...I am so happy but miss you!