Monday, September 22, 2008

Newly Made

How often do you invest in significant decorative touches to your home?  Are you one of those who frequents the home decor stores and brings home little treasures to add here and there around the house?  Or does the thought of purchasing home decor completely bore you and seem pointless?  Well, if you know me well, you know that I do not often purchase home decor of any type.  Most of what we have to decorate (furniture, knickknacks, etc) are wonderful hand-me-downs, pieces of furniture that have been in the family for years, or gifts from family and friends.  To be quite honest, I find buying new clothes much more exciting than home decor!

Two Christmases ago, one of my very dear friends surprised me with a truly incredible present - new bedding for our master bed!  She knew me.  She knew how I felt about spending money on decorations.  She also knew that I desperately wanted new bedding, but was having a hard time picking out new bedding.  So when she came across a bedding that fit the colors of our home perfectly, she bought it and blessed us with it at Christmas time.  I told her repeatedly that I felt like royalty sleeping under such wonderful bedding each night.  :-)  The bedding was a great decorative touch to our home in Texas.

Now that we have moved to the perpetually sunny state of California, we've made changes to the feel of our home (downsizing 1000 square feet will help you in that process).  Everything about the house we live in now says light and bright and welcome to sunny California.  One of the major changes we made was to invest in new bedding that also says light and bright and welcome to sunny California.  Although it was sad to part with our royal bedding, we are thoroughly excited about our new California bedding.  Thank you, IKEA, for making decorating a sensible option for people like me.  Now I am California dreamin' in a new way.

4 comments:

Kim and JD said...

Very cute, I love it!

The Craftypigs said...

It's perfect.

Phillips Family said...

Woo-Hoo!! Nice bedding! Welcome to California.

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Good Job! Picking out bedding is not an easy task. But 'you done good'.

Love ya,

Mom