Sunday, November 9, 2008

Work of Art

This weekend we nursed Calleigh back to health after a very rough battle with the stomach flu.  She is a great little trooper - she even smiles when she is sick!  I must admit that I have never watched more Barbie and Dora and God Rocks! DVDs than I watched this weekend.  Wow.  

I was pleasantly surprised at how well Carson handled the weekend seclusion of Calleigh and constant attention towards Calleigh.  He proved how self-sufficient he can be when necessary.  But he also prove how deep his love is towards his little sister.  He loves to draw and took it upon himself to make Calleigh pictures of the movies that she watched.  Here are a few of his weekend artwork projects:


Dora and Boots


Sugar Plum Princess (love the phonetical spelling!  and check out the eyelashes!)


The Nutcracker (from Barbie and the Nutcracker - again, cute phonics!  but what is up with everyone having only 3 fingers?!)

Carson has such a tender heart.  He constantly peeked his head around the corner of the room to get an update on how Calleigh was feeling.  He wanted to buy her a Barbie toy from Target.  He drew her pictures.  And on Friday night, after he was tucked into bed, he came down the stairs and told me that he couldn't sleep.  I asked him what was wrong and he simply replied, "It's hard to sleep when Calleigh isn't in her room."  Awwww.  They DO love each other!  Sigh and smile.

It is moments like this that I will treasure and recall on those days when they want to beat the living tar out of each other.  Yes, love comes in many ways.  Apparently sibling rivalry is one of them.  But for now, true and genuine concern for one another is their form of love.

3 comments:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Dear Calleigh,

I am so sorry you were sick this past weekend and hope you are feeling much, much better today. The pictures Carson drew for you are so good and go with your movies perfectly. What a great brother. They are nice to have sometimes:) I love you very much, Memi

There is someone special that wants to say hi to you this morning.

I love you very much
Sydney:)

I am sorry you are sick:(
Sydney

Moore Memories said...

Sweet babies! I hope Calleigh is better!

Kim and JD said...

Give Calleigh a hug for me, I hope she is doing better. Tell Carson I am very proud of him, he is so sweet and compassionate!
Love you and miss you all !