Monday, November 17, 2008

Happiness in a Box

                          
This weekend I posted on Facebook that "Andi is wishing she was not so homesick today."  Several of my dear friends commented on that status.  One person not only commented, she had a brilliant plan to cheer me up.  The plan. . .a field trip to Sprinkles in Beverly Hills.  If you have not heard of Sprinkles, let me just tell you that they are little cupcakes packed full of yumminess.  Everyday they bake different flavors of cupcakes, so I went online this morning and made a list of the cupcakes I wanted to buy and bring home.  I couldn't resist the pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting (I LOVE pumpkin flavor stuff!).  But then I hear the red velvet cupcake is out of this world.  I'll test that one later and let you know how it tastes.  :-)  And the kids wanted a simple yellow cupcake with chocolate icing covered in chocolate sprinkles.  Michael wanted the dark chocolate with dark chocolate icing & sprinkles.  And one can never go wrong with their black and white - a simple chocolate cupcake with cream cheese icing and chocolate shavings.  They are so yummy.  Each and every bite.  Here is a look at the beauties. . .

Another cool part of this field trip is that the Sprinkles store is right off Rodeo Drive!!  Rodeo Drive, Baby!  Think Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman and Alicia Silverstone in Clueless.  And so as to not be underdone, the holiday decor along the light towers on Rodeo Drive are crystal chandeliers suspended in glass boxes.  I kid you not!  They are beautiful, exquisite, and VERY Beverly Hills.  :-)
The best part of the field trip was driving in a convertible with a sweet friend who took time out of her day to help cheer me up.  Thank you!  Hopefully this will be the first of many more field trips to come.  This is one happy girl. . .

6 comments:

Kim and JD said...

I am jealous and want a cupcake, especially since I have had only crackers, sprite and a potato all day. Please tell your dear friend that I say "THANK YOU " for cheering you up, I love her, whomever she is! Only 4 more weeks :)

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Do you think your 'sweet friend' who drives a convertible would treat me to a visit at Sprinkles when I am feeling down and a little blue? Add Sprinkles to your list of places to see and do when, hopefully Nerissa, and I come out after the holidays for a visit. But it would be so fun to see all the decorations. The cupcakes looked yummy!

Have a wonderful day,

Love you,

Mom

Jennifer and Michael said...

I am so happy for you that you have friends there that will take you out and help you through your rough patches. Tell her your friend in 'Bama also says "thank you for taking care of you since I can not." I am sorry you are homesick. I can't wait to see you in DEC. Oh, and btw, I love the last picture but I am jealous that as I wear a coat and sweater today, you are in a tank top!!! Love you!!

Wendy Wilshire said...

Andi,

It's great you have some good friends out there, taking care of you! I had my first Sprinkles experience about two months ago when a friend of our Firm brought some in. They are definitely delicious! I'm currently in a holiday show and one of the girls is a manager at Sprinkles in Preston Center. She was asked to move here and was formerly at the Beverly Hills store. I'll have to try the Pumpkin - it sounds yummy. See you soon. Love, Wendy

Moore Memories said...

I love the red velvet...hands down! I am sure the shop on Rodeo Drive is much better than the Dallas one! Good to see you smile!

Brad and Tammy said...

My fav has to be coconut...but man I do love the red velvet and the strawberry and the .....