Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful.  Simply defined as feeling or expressing gratitude.

This week marked our first family Thanksgiving in California.  The day brought new traditions for our family.  It also brought a time of reflection and a renewed sense of thankfulness.  Here are few of the things for which I am thankful:
  • An amazingly wonderful husband who has a heart for God, loves me completely and passionately, and is an incredible father who models Christ's love to his kids
  • Two healthy children who never cease to amaze me and fill me with an overwhelming sense of love and joy and awe
  • My parents - two of the most wonderful people in my life - who raised me in a loving home and demonstrated daily what it meant to love God and serve others
  • Wonderful friends who encourage me, love me, and stand by me no matter where life takes us
  • The chance to live in the beautiful state of California and experience living with the beach and the mountains in our backyard
  • The blessing of living in The United States of America where we have freedoms, safety, and opportunities beyond measure
  • Most important - I am thankful for my God.  He is faithful, a comfort, a provider, and a friend.

1 comment:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

A M E N !!!

And a beautiful picture.

Love you dearly,

Mom