Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Greatest Love

This summer Carson began to periodically ask us questions about baptism.  He seemed very curious about baptism, but then again he is an inquisitive little guy.  On the final day of our Christmas break from school, Carson surprised me by announcing that he wanted to be baptized.  As excited as I was to hear him say this, I wanted to make sure he really understood what it meant and I wanted to hear his reasoning for wanting to be baptized.  Let's just say that conversation with Carson ended in happy tears (I'm a sentimental girl!) from both Carson and me.  Michael and I asked Carson if he wanted to be baptized in "big church" in front of everyone or if he wanted it to be a small family celebration.  Without hesitation, Carson said he wanted to be baptized at church because he wants everyone to know that he asked Jesus Christ into his heart.  So, last Saturday our little guy was baptized in front of the congregation.  It was a great day and one that we will remember forever.  Here are some pictures from his baptism:


Pastor Mike and Carson - Pastor Mike asked Carson how old he is and why he wants to be baptized.  In front of the whole congregation, Carson announced that he is 8 years old and he wants everyone to know that he asked Jesus into his heart.  The congregation clapped and cheered!

 
I love that he is wearing his God Rocks! shirt :-)  Pastor Mike talking privately with Carson before he baptizes him.

   
The week leading up to his baptism, one song was constantly at the forefront of my mind.  I wish I knew the name of the song and the artist who performs the song.  But since I do not, I am simply going to condense the verses and chorus.  It's been a song that has meant a lot to me since moving to California last summer.  I've found great comfort and hope and truth in the lyrics.  This past week the lyrics assumed a different meaning to me - expression of love from the heart of a child for a God who first loved us.  Here are the lyrics.

The greatest love that anyone could ever know
That overcame the cross and grave to find my soul
All I am I live to see your kingdom come
In my heart I pray, Lord let your will be done
You are the voice that called the universe to be
You are the whisper in my heart that speaks to me
Until I see You face to face
Grace amazing takes me home
I trust in You

I will live to love You
I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You

You alone are God of all
You alone are worthy Lord
And with all I am, my soul will bless Your name

6 comments:

JD said...

'Til I See You - Hillsong United. We haven't done it in a while - but had I known we'd have done it last week. It was cool having Carson part of the baptism service - especially since I didn't even know and was surprised! What a great moment! Remind me to get video for you....

The Craftypigs said...

Call me sentimental Celeste cuz I needed a Kleenex like nobody's business that night. Teared up right now just thinking about it. Precious. And I'm just his "Aunt Celeste", imagine what the Creator of the Universe and Heavenly Father of that child must have experienced. Angels doin' flip flops!

Jennifer and Michael said...

I'm a sentimental girl too, tears and all. Thank you for the pictures. Isabella and I read this together and we are both so proud. We wish we could have been there. I love you guys very much. Tell Carson we love him and are so happy that we will get to spend eternity with him. BIG Hugs!!!!

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Carson, We are so proud of you. You are such a special little boy and actually to everyone else, a special young man. Wish we could have been there. We are so use to sharing all those special moments with you guys and we miss that. We love you very much and I love the visual of God's angels doing flip flops.

Love you,

Memi

Kim and JD said...

We are very proud of you here in Texas. We so wish we could have been there to celebrate. I was in total tears reading the blog and seeing the pictures.
We love you very much.
Maybe now Tyler will see that its not so bad.... he has questioned me for about a year, how it is, do you have to, what exactly do they do :) ???
Now you can tell him its all ok!
Miss you BUNCHES!!!!!

Tyler says way to go dude !

Moore Memories said...

I am so proud of you Mr. Carson Crumrine! That is the best choice you will ever make and I have no doubt of your love for our Lord!