Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January in SoCal

Have you heard of the Santa Ana winds?  Let's just say the terms "windy" and "wind gusts" do not do justice to the true significant force behind the Santa Ana winds.  

These are gusts of winds up to 70 miles per hour.  

Seriously!

I still catch myself looking around to see where the tornado is coming from when the wind blows through here.  I pause only to remind myself that I no longer live in tornado alley and 70 mph winds no longer indicate an imminent tornado in my path.

Maybe I should try a new approach in my thinking.  Take Calleigh's perception of the winds, for example.  She simply states what we all are really thinking.  "I wish the wind would stop smackin' the house!"

The upside is having a 10-day forecast of sunny and mid-70's with lows in the upper 40's.  I guess a forecast like that is worth enduring a few days of "wind gusts."

No comments: