Thursday, May 29, 2008

Honesty

Part of our bedtime ritual is for me to sit in bed with the kids and snuggle.  This is our time to talk about the day, where we are emotionally, and what our hopes are for the future.  I know, such a counselor thing to do.  But it really is a great way to connect with the kids and spend some one on one time with them.

Carson is a huge fan of this snuggle time.  Last night, as we snuggled while he drifted off to sleep, he very innocently said, "mom, they are going to think I am hot."  I didn't want to assume that he meant "hot" in the way we mean "hot" so I asked him what he meant.  Plus, I wasn't sure who "they" were in his mind because we were talking about something random like Pokemon cards.  Again, he innocently declared, "You know, the kids in California are going to think I am handsome and the girls will want to be my girlfriend.  But I already have a girlfriend (Isabella Smith).  So they will just have to think I am hot."  I love that my little boy thinks he is hot and that he is confident enough to believe others will think of him as a hottie.  That made me smile.  Wouldn't it be great if we all believed in the beautiful design that God created in us?

I hope you all are having a day where you feel like a hottie.  :-)

2 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

That might be one of the sweetest things I've ever read... Good for Carson.

Kim and JD said...

Of course he is a hottie, he is a Crumrine :)