Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Daddy

I consider myself blessed to have a father that I admire and deeply respect.  He is a man of God with great honor and great character.  Growing up I always knew that he would protect me and care for me.  In his presence, I felt safe.  

One of my favorite pictures is of my daddy holding me.  I was shivering cold and wrapped up in a towel after swimming in the pool by our lake house.  When I look at that picture I am reminded of how much my daddy loves me.

While my parents were here a week ago, we visited the beach.  It was a chilly day, but a great day for playing in the sand.  Mom took this picture of Calleigh and dad (granddaddy) as they snuggled on the beach.  When I saw the picture, I was immediately reminded of my favorite picture of dad and me as a child.  From one generation to another, his love abounds.  What a blessing to know that my daughter is able to experience his love, too.  And what a blessing it is to have an earthly father who exemplifies the love and character of our heavenly Father.  I love you daddy.

1 comment:

The Craftypigs said...

That's one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.