Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sex Education by Carson

I had one of those "mommy moments" the other day.  One of those moments when you realize you are now entering uncharted territory and your child has entered a new stage in their development.  I had the privilege of navigating this milestone without any backup (aka - Michael), and overall it went really well.  Before I share the details, I must warn you that this is for grown-up eyes only.  Sorry kiddos, you must wait and read once you've entered this stage yourself.

Carson - Mom, you know the outside lunchroom?  Someone spray painted graffiti on the wall.

Andi - That's pretty sad.

Carson - They wrote S - E - X.  (head nod, little smirk on face)

Andi - That's unfortunate.  (trying to hide a giggle)

Carson - I know what it means.  (really big head nod, bigger smirk on face)

Andi - REALLY?  Please, tell me what you think it means.

Carson - (leaning in to whisper in my ear) It's when a boy and girl make out naked.  (very large head nod, very large smirk on face)

Andi - So, what is making out? (a little amazed, a little terrified of where this might lead, a lot curious)

Carson - Kissin' and stuff.

Andi - Well, actually, your definition is very close to the actual definition.

So after a little more discussion about how making' out naked is something God created and is a wonderful thing for husbands and wives, the topic was dropped until bedtime.  Then Carson decided to pull out his "let's talk about this a little more" card.  And this is what happened. . .

Carson - Mom, is it true that a husband and wife make out naked?

Andi - Yes, it is.

Carson - That's GROSS!!!!!!!

Andi - Well, it may sound gross, but God created it so He can make babies.

pause.................(dot's are being connected)

Carson - So, you and daddy had sex twice?!?!

pause.................(oh crap)

Andi - (trying so hard not to burst out laughing) Yes, Carson, your daddy and I had sex twice.  And now I have you and Calleigh.  Isn't that wonderful?!

A little more discussion transpires about how this is something all boys and girls need to talk with their mommies and daddies about, and he needs to refrain from talking about it with his friends.  There was also some significant emphasis on not talking to anyone about mommy and daddy having sex twice :-)  Meanwhile, Carson is giggling throughout this discussion.

Andi - Why are you laughing??

Carson - Your saying s-e-x!!!!!

Andi - (sigh)

I'll save round two for Michael.

3 comments:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Oh me! I took the chicken way out, I gave you all a book to read. Guess that means your Dad and I only had sex 4 times, that averages once every 13 years. Interesting!

Good job Andi!!!

Love you, Mom

Kim and JD said...

OMG- That was Hilarious, I had tears. They say that they know more than they think we do. We have been talking about having THE talk wiht Tyler too. Its time anyway and I if not he will hear it from friends.

Moore Memories said...

I am laughing out loud!