Thursday, March 26, 2009

No, haven't fallen off the map

I know.  I know.  It's been too long since I last blogged.  I guess you can say we've been a little busy around here.  Here is a glimpse of the what we've been up to.  .  .

Michael took the kids on their very first hike.  They had a BLAST!  Calleigh made it her job to tell everyone when to take a rest.  Carson was designated as the guide.  At the top of the hike, they could see the whole valley below them.

 Calleigh and Michael went on their very first camping adventure.  Granted, they set up camp inside the church auditorium with lots of other daddies and their preschool/kinder kids.  Calleigh was so excited to pitch a tent and sleep in a sleeping bag (we had to buy her a new pink one!).  They had a great time just spending some much needed daddy and Calleigh time.


I started a new job after spending almost a year of just being mommy and acclimating to California.  It's really cool how God's timing played out in this adventure.  Around Christmas time I started feeling the desire to go back to work.  I had no idea what that would look like, but I knew I did not want to resume counseling others and I wanted to work around the kid's schedule.  I just gave the desire to God and trusted that He would lead me to that perfect job.  Three weeks ago I was presented with the idea of a temporary job, working part time at our church helping out with administrative duties.  It was a prayer come true!  I am able to work part time while the kids are in school.  I am working for our church in a great environment.  I am working for two really great men who are genuinely seeking God's plan in their work world.  And I am getting the challenge of organizing and creating procedures and making things efficient.  If you know me, then you know this is RIGHT up my alley.  I don't know how long this gig will last, but I am having fun.  

Michael is busy with work but really enjoying all the challenges and is being so helpful, helping me adjust to my new schedule.

That is us in a nutshell.  I will try to post more frequently.  Once I get my work/home groove going, I'll be back more often.  Until then, hugs to all!

2 comments:

Memi and Grandaddy said...

Hey Carson and Calleigh, What a fun time to go hiking with your Dad. A great picture with your arms reaching up like you are giving glory to God for this beautiful place called Simi Valley. Calleigh I bet you did great with your rest breaks and Carson keeping everyone on the right path. Way to go!!!

Calleigh I am not surprised that you bought a pink sleeping bag. Remember pink is for girls. Right?

Andi I know you are enjoying your new job. Sunday when your Dad and I went outside to work, he started one direction and I said No we have to start here and go this direction. So I don't have to guess where you get your organizing and planning from. But our world makes perfect sense, right?

Love you guys,

Memi

The Craftypigs said...

all good things! So glad you're here. So very very very glad!